Consulate General of India
|MEA | State Bank of India (Canada) | Air-India | Indiatourism|
|Visa Services - Emergency Services|
Emergency Visa is granted on Canadian passports for travel to India in an emergency situation to attend to genuine medical and humanitarian emergencies only. Applicant will be required to provide proof of the emergency, which would be subject to verification and at the discretion of the Consulate. Applicants may be required to appear for an interview. Entry visa valid for one month with single entry is granted in such emergencies
All Emergency visa applicants are required to :
1. Fill up the online visa form ( http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/ )
2. After filling the visa form, take a print out and submit the application and visa fees along with one passport size ( 2” x 2” or 51 x 51 MM) photograph to the Consulate General of Toronto located at 365 Bloor Street (E), Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario M4W 3L4.
3. Bring confirmed air ticket.
4. Bring cancelled Indian passport or Surrender Certificate.
5. Bank draft/Money order for a total of C$ 178.00 + $2 Consular surcharge payable to the Consulate General of India, Toronto. NO CASH OR CREDIT CARD PAYMENT IS ACCEPTED BY THE CONSULATE FOR SUCH EMERGENCY APPLICATIONS.
On working days:
For emergency visa/passport assistance on Saturdays, applicants are advised to call
Tel : 416-960-0751 or 416-960-0752 between 10 am and 12 noon and register. Applicants should have confirmed air ticket for travel on the same day.
Please do not call for general enquiries