- The Consulate General of India, Toronto has no agents for rendering this service and applicants should approach the Consulate directly, either in person or through mail.
- This service is available at the Consulate General of India, 365 Bloor Street East, 7th floor, Toronto ON M4W 3L4.
- There is no need to take an appointment. Applicants can visit the Consulate on any working day between 0930-1230 hours (except Saturdays/Sundays and closed holidays). The service will be on first come first serve basis.
- The Consulate will attest the Sworn Affidavit for Motor Driving Licence and not issue a separate verification certificate/document.
- The attested Sworn affidavit will be delivered on the same day between 1500-1600 hours or as informed at the time of submission.
- The Consulate reserves the right to reject attestation of sworn affidavit, the contents of which are objectionable or contrary to the Rules.
- Indian Drivers License Verification service is available for Indian nationals only.
Requirements and how to apply :
I. Applying In Person :
Attach the following documents with the application form:
- Current Indian passport in original and photocopy of its first two pages and last two pages.
- Valid Indian Driving License in original with one photocopy, duly self-attested.
- Proof of Canadian Visa Status: (copy of any one of the following) Valid Passport and Study permit/Work permit/Valid Visa/PR, as applicable, with a photocopy. Please note that in case of PR card issued or reissued after 01.01.2015, original landing paper with a photocopy is also required.
- Proof of current Canadian residence address: (copy of any one of the following)
- Canadian Driving License.
- Gas, Electricity, water or landline telephone bill displaying applicant's address.
- House Lease Agreement.
- Note: Bank/credit card/mobile phone statements are not accepted as residence proof.
- Carry originals of all the supporting documents to be presented to the Consular Officer (photocopies of which are to be attached with the application).
- Fee: A non-refundable fee of $C18. Fees should be paid through Bank draft/Money order/Certified cheque only drawn in favour of the 'Consulate General of India, Toronto'. Cash, personal cheques or debit/credit cards are not accepted.
II. Postal Applications:
- Postal service is not available for residents of GTA.
- Please enclose return prepaid envelope with your address and send the complete set of documents given above to:
Consulate General of India
(Consular Section – Attestation),
365 Bloor Street East
Toronto ON M4W 3L4
- The main document to be attested: The Sworn Affidavit has to be submitted to the Consulate in original along with a photocopy. The Sworn Affidavit has to be notarized and authenticated by the Ministry of Government Services, Ontario Government (address: 222 Jarvis Street, Main Floor, Toronto, M7A 0B6) or the concerned Provincial authorities before submitting it to the Consulate for attestation.
- Supporting Documents: Photocopy of all supporting documents (copy of Indian passport, proof of Canadian visa status, proof of Canadian residence address) should be notarized and authenticated by the Ministry of Government Services, Ontario Government (address: 222 Jarvis Street, Main Floor, Toronto, M7A 0B6) or the concerned Provincial authorities for authenticity of the notary public before being attached to the application. However, the driving licence, passport, PR card/Work permit/Study Permit should be sent in original.
- In case the Consulate receives applications with incomplete documentation, the same would be sent back unprocessed in the return envelope sent by the applicant.
Processing Time :
- Applying in person: Same day (delivery of attested documents between 1500-1600 hours) or as informed at the time of submission.
- Applying by mail: 3 (three) business days excluding the time taken in mail.