Miscellaneous Services

Miscellaneous Passport Services

Endorsement for changes in the passport is no more permitted. For Inclusion/deletion of spouse's name, change of date/place of birth, name, address etc. or any other changes on laminated portion of the passport re-issue of passport booklet is required. Therefore, fee would be same as applicable for re-issue of passport. In case the services are requested on expiry of the passport no additional fee would be charged. Applicants would be required to submit documents for the change.


Fill in online passport registration form at  http://passport.gov.in/nri/ this will create a PDF file.

  1. Take a print out of the online application form (PDF file) , fill in its page 2 & 3. Please ensure that specimen signatures are affixed,in black ink, at four spaces provided and a good quality photograph (of size 2inch X 2inch) is fixed on its first page).
  2. Attach your existing passport (original) along with self attested/signed photocopies of its first five pages, last page and any other page containg important observation( about name change/validity etc).
  3. Original Landing Paper, PR Card if applicant is a Permanent Resident, Immigration Document, with  photocopy( both front and back side).
  4. Document in support of the change required:
    1. If you are applying for change of name/addition/deletion  of spouse’s name  in    passport on re-issue basis following marriage, remarriage or divorce you   have  to provide the details in the application form, no proof of marriage/dissolution of marriage (court’s order for judicial separation/decree of divorce) etc. is required. In other circumstances for change of name, the applicant (both male and female) should furnish:

      (i)      Clippings of two prominent newspapers (One in India and one in Canada) or the Gazette Notification, as the case may be;

      (ii)      At least two public/school documents issued in the desired/applied changed name to ascertain that the applicant has actually change his name.”


      2.       In  case of change of date/place of birth (for reasons other than typing error)

      (i)      Birth certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths 

      (ii)      Documents produced earlier having proof of date of birth/place of birth at the time of issue of current passport and reasons for change now,