POWER OF ATTORNEY/WILL/AFFIDAVIT/DECLARATION
- The Consulate General of India has no Agents for rendering these services and applicants should approach the Consulate directly, either in person or through mail.
- This service is available at the Consulate General of India, 365 Bloor Street East, 7th floor, Toronto ON M4W 3L4.
- There is no need to take an appointment. Applicants could visit the Consulate on any working day between 0900-1130 hrs (not on Saturdays/Sundays and closed holidays). The service will be on first come first serve basis.
- The attested documents are delivered the same day between 1500-1600 hrs.
- The Consulate reserves the right to reject attestation of documents the contents of which are objectionable or contrary to the Rules.
- Fill in the application form ( click Misc Service Form to download).
- Attach your original passport and a copy of its main pages.
- If you are Indian passport holder attach copy of your PR card/Work or Study permit.Please note that incase your PR card is issued after 01.01.2015 a copy of landing paper is also required.
- Attach original document (POA) which need to be attested alongwith its copy ( Please NOTE that the POA must be attested/notarised as per note at # below).
- If Power of Attorney is regarding property matters the fee applicable is C$ 34/- per seal and signature required otherwise attach bank draft of C$18.00 drawn in favor of " Consulate General of India" . Cash, personal cheques or debit/credit cards are not accepted. It is clarified that the fee of C$18.00 is for one seal & signature, if you need it on more pages fee applicable will be C$18xnumber of pages on which you need seal and signature. Example: If you need seal and signature on two pages fee applicable would be : C$18x 2=C$36.00.
- Presence of applicant is required for execution of Power of Attorney and "will". Please note that presence of two witnesses is also required for "will".
- If you are applying by mail - read the note at the end of this page for eligibility and enclose return prepaid envelope with your address and send the complete set of documents to:
Consulate General of India,
(Consular Section – Attestation)
365 Bloor Street East
Toronto ON M4W 3L4
# PLEASE NOTE: That if you are Indian national, and is residing in GTA apply in person at the Consulate . You need not to notarise the Power of Attorney. However, you have to sign the Power of Attorney(/will document) in front of Consular Officer , you must ensure that name ,address and signature of witness on the last page of POA is obtained before submitting the Consulate for execution of POA , the witness need not to come at the Consulate. But in case you are residing in area outside GTA, and you intend to apply by mail attestation as per the following ( as in case of Canadian Citizens and others) will be required.
Canadian or citizen of any other country : POA/will has to be notarized and authenticated by the Ministry of Government Services, Ontario Government (address: 222 Jarvis Street, Main Floor, Toronto, M7A 0B6) or the concerned Provincial authorities before submitting it to the Consulate for attestation. The consulate will attest seal and signatute of the concerened Provisional authorities on the page attached by them with the POA.
If you are looking for Attestation of educational/ids etc please Click here
- In person: Same day (delivery of attested documents between 1500-1600 hrs.)
- By mail: 3 (three) business days excluding the time taken in mail.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ATTESTATION OF DOCUMENTS BY MAIL
All concerned may please be informed that NO ATTESTATION SEVICES shall be given by postal service to applicant residing in the Greater Toronto Area.
Applicants from Greater Toronto Area (GTA) will have to come in person for attestation at the Consulate premises for attestation of documents and attestation, if all documents are complete, will be done at the same time. It is also to highlight that no documents shall be accepted through agent or their courier service and consulate will not be responsible if they are misplaced at any stage. Consulate General of India, Toronto, do not authorize any agent service and if any person is found to be accepting documents on behalf of Consulate at any place of our jurisdiction then legal action shall be initiated against him. Therefore, applicants are advised not to avail any agent service for any consular work and before approaching consulate office for attestation or any other service please read our requirements on website carefully. In case there is still something that needs clarification you can write to the officer concerned.
No attestation service is done or authorised at any other place except at the premises of Consulate General of India, Toronto. For any attestation of documents in India no agency in Canada is authorized to accept documents and any attestation done through any local agency here shall be termed as illegal and documents will stand forfeited. Those who cannot come due to any medical condition may send doctor’s certificate and authorize only their family member in writing with his/her proper identity document enclosed.