Foreign national intending to pursue internship in Indian companies, Educational Institutions and NGOs may apply for Intern Visa. The duration of Intern Visa will be restricted to the duration of the internship programme or one year, whichever is less. The Intern Visa will be granted immediately after completion of graduation/post graduation but the gap between the completion of graduation/post graduation and the commencement of the internship should not be more than one year.
- Letter from the Indian company/Educational Institution/NGO concerned indicating the period of internship.
- In case the internship is in a Company, the applicant being sponsored should draw a minimum remuneration of Rs. 7.80 lakhs per annum. There is no minimum salary limit in case of internship in Education institution and NGOs.
- Earnings from internship of the foreign national with Indian companies/Educational Institutions/NGOs will be subject to the Indian Income Tax Regulations.
- Grant of Intern Visa to pursue internship in NGOs may take minimum 2-3 months.
- Foreign nationals granted visa for doing internship will have to register them with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/ Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) concerned within 14 days of arrival in India if continuous stay is for more than 180 days.
- Foreign national will not be allowed to take up employment in India immediately after completion of the Internship programme.
- Conversion of the Intern visa into any other type of visa is not permitted.